EB 1-2 Outstanding Professors and Researchers Visa
Outstanding professor and researcher petitions may be filed by United States employers on behalf of professors and researchers who are outstanding in an academic field.
How to qualify for a green card through the Outstanding Professors and Researchers category:
In order to qualify for a green card through the Outstanding Professors and Researchers category you must provide evidence of at least two of the following:
1. Documentation of receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement in your academic field;
2. Documentation of your membership in associations in your field which require outstanding achievements of their members;
3. Published material in professional publications written by others about your academic work;
4. Evidence of your participation as the judge of work of others in your field or allied field;
5. Evidence of original scientific or scholarly research contributions in your field;
6. Evidence of authorship of scholarly books or articles in your field;
In addition to the above, you must also have at least three years of teaching and/or research experience in your field and have an offer of employment from:
1. A United States university or institution of higher learning offering a tenure-track teaching position or a permanent research position;
2. A private employer offering a permanent research position. The private employer must also currently employ at least three persons full-time in research positions and must have achieved documented accomplishments in an academic field.
PERM labor certification not required:
A PERM labor certification is not required for the Outstanding Professors and Researchers category.
Contact Dhanani Law Firm Today
As a dedicated immigration law firm, we understand your goal is to employ the most skilled foreign nationals to further your company’s success and enhance our nation’s economic strength. In pursuit of this goal, allow us to handle your immigration situation, freeing you to do what you do best – run your company.
Contact Atlanta immigration lawyer Rahim Dhanani at (404) 593-0434 to discuss your situation.