TN status is available for citizens of Canada and Mexico. Only a select list of professional occupations qualify for TN status. The list can be found in the NAFTA appendix 1603.D.1. TN admissions are valid for up to three years.
Certain conditions must be met in order to qualify for TN status:
1. The applicant must be a citizen of Canada or Mexico.
2. The profession is on the NAFTA list.
3. The position in the US requires a NAFTA professional.
4. The Mexican or Canadian applicant will work in a full-time or part-time job for a US employer (self employment is not allowed).
5. The Professional Canadian or Mexican citizen has the qualifications of the profession.
Contact Dhanani Law Firm Today
As a dedicated immigration law firm, we understand your goal is to employ the most skilled foreign nationals to further your company’s success and enhance our nation’s economic strength. In pursuit of this goal, allow us to handle your immigration situation, freeing you to do what you do best – run your company.
Call (404) 593-0434 to schedule a consultation with immigration attorney Rahim Dhanani. We are here to help you with your TN visa needs.